CE’s dual-mode laser/thermal imaging sensors enhance weapons direction and fire control, and enable the ship's fire control officer to view the laser designator and the high-definition thermal image. This advanced technology permits a broader range of tactics, missions and combat techniques, allowing rapid and accurate location of targets-of-opportunity, coupled with enhanced, precision delivery of lethal laser guided munitions directly onto the target.
Enhanced target imaging and weapons direction capabilities of these technologies include:
- Custom modular designs for specific mission profiles
- Long range detection, identification, and remote tracking
- Search and seizure operations
- Weapons control & direction systems for naval deployment
- Electro-optical surveillance
CE’s NightConqueror high-performance imager has been selected by the U.S. military as the imager of choice for many new systems and as an upgrade to many existing legacy programs. It is utilized in a number of naval weapons directors currently used by navies around the world.