At L-3 Communication Systems-West, we believe it is important to choose the benefits
that fit your needs. Our approach to benefits allows you to select the options that
fit your personal situation.
Basic Benefits: Provided to all eligible employees at no cost.
- Life Insurance – Full-time employees can choose $50,000 or 2x annual salary fully
paid by the company. Part-time employees receive $10,000.
- Employee Assistance Program – Balancing work and a personal life can be stressful.
Our onsite counselor offers assistance with personal relationships, financial matters,
and other issues that may arise.
- Healthcare – Do you have a family doctor you want to keep seeing? Do you want to
keep premiums low? With four medical plans and two dental plans to choose from,
you can choose the plan that’s best for you and your family.
- Vision – Receive automatic enrollment when enrolled in a medical plan – at no additional
- Flexible Spending Accounts – Set aside after-tax dollars towards eligible medical,
elder care, and child care expenses.
Employee Savings Plans
- 401(k) – We match 100% of the first 5% of employees’ contributions.
- Stock Purchase Plan – Employees can purchase L-3 stock through payroll deduction
at a 5% discount.
- Savings Bonds – Purchase savings bonds through payroll deduction.
- Your choice of the following work schedules:
- 9/80 Work Schedule – Working nine hours a day allows our employees to have every
other Friday off.
- 4/10 Work Schedule – Working 10 hours a day allows our employees to have every Friday
- Vacation – Full-time employees receive a minimum of three weeks vacation after the
first year of employment.
- Holidays – Eligible full-time employees receive eight paid designated holidays and
two floater holidays each year.
- Long-term Disability – This optional insurance provides 60% of pay in the event
that you become permanently disabled.
- Flexible Work Schedules – With management approval, you can “flex” your start time
an hour ahead or after the regular start time.
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Extensive Online Training
- Career Opportunity Program
Other Optional Benefits
- Accidental Death and Dismemberment insurance
- Group auto, home, life insurance rates
- Onsite cafeterias
- Lockers and showers
- Certified Emergency Medical Response Team
- Employee Store
- Clubs and sports teams
The benefits summaries herein are intended for information only. Complete descriptions
are contained in the summary plan descriptions that govern the operation of the
benefits and can be amended at any time. This summary does not constitute an implied
or expressed contract of employment.